We made it through the blazing first week of school. I walked around and asked students to rate the first few days and most ranked it between 9 to 10+. The 9’s knocked off one point because it is so hard to say goodbye to summer fun.
I want to thank the PTO Public Liaison Team, Jessica Boscovich, Francina Lopez, Liz Bruny and Renee Sullivan for the fabulous welcome they planned and executed for every new family. They paired up mentor families, hosted a gelato social (thank you Bulgarini family for the delicious donation) and left no detail out on Orientation Day.
The family envelope will soon become extinct as we add more social media links for you to access up-to-the-minute news and information about all that happens at St. Rita School. I want to thank our communications team, Cher Culver, Lisa Gonzalez, Jen Higdon and Jenny Shephard for setting up Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and coming up with a social media plan that is current and very professional. Thank you Mr. Ralph Seymour for our new web site and for orchestrating and managing teacher pages, posts, widgets, tags, stickies… We love the new look.
On Monday, students will begin ITBS/CogAT testing. We start with practice tests in all grades so that the students are able to see the format, ask questions and hear the directions read out loud. The practice tests relieve a lot of anxiety for most kids.
Key Points for the Coming Week
- Back to School Nights Monday and Tuesday
- School Masses begin Tuesday, dress uniforms, parents welcome and choir members arrive at 7:30 am (new members welcome!)
- L.E.A.P.S Classes begin Monday, September 9th
- Please support our Magazine Drive
- Visit Chiquita Bonita all this month- we receive 30% of all St. Rita customer sales
- Harvest Festival T-Shirts with uniform bottoms every Wednesday and Friday until October 18th.
- Harvest Festival Flyers will go home in the family envelope
- Label all backpacks, lunch bags, water bottles, clothing etc. – we already have a pile of unmarked and unclaimed items
Monsignor Richard has a table of 10 for anyone interested in attending the Annual Prayer Breakfast at the Cathedral on Tuesday, September 17th. The bus leaves the front of church at 5:45 am and returns by noon. Call the rectory for your free ticket and details. 355-1292 extension 223