Welcome to the 2013-2014 School Year!
We start the new school year by rekindling that fire in every child that feeds off knowledge and and the thirst for more! Each child’s individual genius will be rediscovered and nurtured over the next 10 months by our incredible teachers and staff who are well trained in the national Common Core State Standards. You may notice a few subtle changes if any. St. Rita school has been providing an excellent academic program based on inquiry, discovery and critical thinking for years. The shift from California State Standards to Common Core has not turned us upside down. It has formally identified what we have been doing very well: preparing our students for top-notch high schools, colleges and universities.
Mark your calendars for our Back to School Nights on Monday, September 9th (grades TK-3) and Tuesday, September 10th (grades 4-8) and at our General PTO meeting on Thursday, September 26th at 7:00 p.m. Click here for the Key Calendar Dates for 2013-14.
I’d like to extend a warm welcome to our new employees: Mrs. Becky Chadwick will teach Course 3 math to the 7th and 8th grade girls and Ms. Christie Tcharkhoutian, our school counselor.
Key Points to remember for this week:
- Harvest Festival T-shirts are here—students may start wearing them this week on Wednesday, September 4th and on Friday, September 6th with uniform bottoms.
- School Uniforms on Thursday, September 5th. Remember that school dismisses at 1:45 on Thursdays.
- P.E. starts on Wednesday. Students in grades 4—8 bring P.E. clothes to school in a gym bag. Grades TK—3 wear P.E. clothes to school.
- Contents of family envelope please read, sign and return this week.
- Hot Lunch Orders
- Family Emergency Forms
- Earthquake Disaster Forms
- Field Trip Permission
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Counseling permission
- Directory permission slip (the parent directory is available on Cornerstone at the bottom of the welcome page).
L.E.A.P.S. Classes begin
September 9—November 22
Sign up now for Session I:
Download Registration Form | View Class Offerings
MONDAY: Skateboarding K+, Jedi Training Camp TK+, World Dance Class TK+
TUESDAY: Knitting 1+ , Rocket Science Class K-5
WEDNESDAY: Jewelry Making Workshop K+, Sports World TK-4
THURSDAY: Chess Club K-8 , Karate Class TK-8
FRIDAY: Fine Art Painting K- 8, Animal Invasion TK-8
Virtus Training in O’Malley Hall
September 16, 2013 6:00-8:00
- All parent volunteers must participate in Virtus training before any interaction with students and prior to earning volunteer hours.
- Please R.S.V.P. to the School office or e-mail Mrs. Landis: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit www.virtus.org/virtus/virtus_description.cfm
Virtus Re-certification in O’Malley Hall
October 7, 2013 6:00-7:30
- You must be re-certified every 4 years. If your training was done in 2009 you will need to come to this class.
- Please R.S.V.P. to the School office or e-mail Mrs. Mrs. Landis: email@example.com
For more information please go to the Archodiocese of Los Angeles.
- All parent volunteers must complete fingerprinting before any interaction with students and prior to earning volunteer hours.
SAN GABRIEL REGION
ST. THERESE 510 N. El Molino St. Alhambra
Saturday, September 7th 10:00am – 1:40pm & 3:20pm – 5:20pm For appointment call (626) 284-0020
OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE
16025 E. Cypress St. Irwindale
Saturday, September 14th 10:00am – 1:40pm & 3:20pm – 5:20pm For appointment call (626) 962-3649
171 S. Gless St. Los Angeles
Friday, September 27th 12:00pm – 3:40pm & 5:20pm – 7:20pm For appointment call (323) 881-0039
ST. THOMAS AQUINAS
1501 S. Atlantic Blvd. Monterey Park
Saturday, September 28th 10:00am – 1:40pm & 3:20pm – 5:20pm For appointment call (323) 264-4447 x.101