St. Rita School provides a well-rounded STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) based curriculum. St. Rita has adopted the methods developed by Rice University.
Science: Earth Science, Physical Science
- Incorporates Investigating, Gathering Data, Conducting Experiments, Mathematics
- St. Rita School hosts annual Science Fairs
The new generation of connected individuals thrives at St. Rita School! Virtual Spanish instruction and integrated computer lab time ensure that students keep pace with today’s competitive technological advances in coding, movie and sound editing.
Other areas of technology available to students at St. Rita School:
- Computer lab (Apple Computers)
- 3-D Printer
- Students learn to type
- Word and Excel
- Photo Editing
Engineering: The Robotics program is incorporated in our 4th-8th grade classes and involves construction, design, operation, computer programming and the use of robots.
- Students are at a 3 to 1 ratio using the Vex Robotics Program and Lego, allowing every child to be hands-on with their developments.
- St. Rita School collaborates with Alverno High School which involves high school students visiting our class.
- Saxon, Simple Solutions, IXL
- Basic arithmetic (measurement, number sense, probability, problem solving)
- Pre- Algebra
- Algebra I
- Algebra II