School Information and Communication
• St. Rita School uses SchoolSpeak to communicate with families. Each family member receives a user name and password.
• Please log into your SchoolSpeak account to update all of your information. If there are two households, we must have contact information for both households.
• If you need help with your SchoolSpeak account please contact the school office or email Laura Garcia at [email protected].
• Student grades, assignments, Email blasts, family PTO hours and signups can be accessed online through SchoolSpeak.
• Occasionally the students will receive an envelope with paperwork that needs to be signed and returned the next day. You will receive an Email informing you that it will be sent home.
• St. Rita administration and room parents also communicate regularly via e-mail and phone.
• PTO (Parent-Teacher Organization) will regularly send a newsletter via e-mail; this newsletter will include important information for the upcoming week.
• St. Rita School website, Facebook, and Instagram are great resources for parents.
7:50 a.m. – First bell
• TK-3rd grades line up by class on East Campus blacktop.
• 4th-8th grades line up on West Campus blacktop.
• In the case of morning rain, children will go directly to their classrooms.
7:55 a.m. – Second Bell, classes begin (students are marked tardy after the 2nd bell)
Every Tuesday: Students attend 8:00 a.m. Mass in dress uniform. Students are to report to their classrooms first.
• Students arriving late must check in at the front office and they will be escorted to class.
• Parents do not walk their children to class.
Recess and Lunch Schedule
9:30 -10:00 a.m.
• TK and Kindergarten -Snack and recess
• 1st -8th – Snack and recess
11:30 a.m.- 12:15p.m.
• TK and Kindergarten – Lunch and recess
12:20-12: 55 p.m.
• 1st -8th – Lunch and recess
• 3:00 p.m. dismissal Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
• 2:00 p.m. dismissal every Thursday for faculty meetings.
All Students who have not been picked up within 10 minutes of dismissal will be escorted to Kids Club (drop in fees apply).
St. Rita After School Care Available Daily
• Kids Club is the St. Rita School extended day care program. It is open to all students from 3:00-6:00 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and on Thursday from 2:00-6:00 p.m. for early dismissal. Kids Club is available from the first day of school through the last day of school. Drop-in or occasional-use rates also are available once the enrollment fee is paid. Enrollment forms are included in your folder. Kids Club fees will be added to your FACTS account.
St. Rita Has Two Campuses
• School Administration Offices
• Grades TK – 3rd
Upper Gara Hall
• TK, Computer Lab, Art Room/Kids Club, Faculty Room
St. Rita Church – O’Malley Hall
• Below church building, accessed from lower church parking lot off Grandview
• Grades 4th-8th
• Music Room/Mathematics
• P.E. Equipment Room
• Science Room
• Athletic Field
Drop off and Pick up
Morning Drop Off
Parents who wish to pull up and drop off their child(ren) have two supervised A.M. zones. Please do not exit your vehicle.
• Travel north on Baldwin Avenue and turn right onto Alegria Avenue. Pull forward in the “no parking zone” and place your car in park. A faculty/staff will assist your child(ren) out of the car on the curbside (only) and direct them down the sidewalk to the school steps onto the east campus (grades TK-3).
• West campus students may be dropped off on the south side of Olive Avenue which is a “no parking zone”. Pull forward and place your car in park. A faculty/staff will assist your children out of the car on the curbside (only) and direct them down the steps onto the west campus. NO turning left from Baldwin Avenue during drop off or during pick-up. Enter Olive Avenue from Auburn Avenue off of Grandview Avenue.
Parents are welcome to park in the church parking lot or on the street and walk students to either campus in the morning. Double parking is a violation of traffic laws and is subject to ticketing. Children should never cross outside of crosswalks or exit vehicles on the street side. CHILDREN SHOULD NEVER CROSS BALDWIN UNATTENDED BY AN ADULT.
Afternoon Pick-up Lines – Three supervised P.M. zones
Church Parking Lot
Cars enter from the east driveway off Grandview Avenue, wait for your child to be assisted into your car and then exit out the west driveway back onto Grandview Avenue. (Horseshoe pattern). Always place your car in park while in line. Please display your name placard on your dashboard. Teachers will assist your child into the car and seatbelt.
Pick-up is on the south side of Olive Avenue. This is not a parking line. Cars should move along so that students are able to be picked up safely and efficiently. If students are delayed, drive around the block and re-enter the line. Do not block the flow of traffic. Please remember, U-turns, stopping in front of driveways or red zones are not only illegal but also unsafe for your children. Always fasten seatbelts before driving on.
On rainy days east campus students await pick-up in Gara Hall. Parents drive into the church parking lot off Grandview Avenue and continue up the driveway to the Gara Hall entrance (double doors across from church) for pick-up. Cars then exit by a right turn only onto Baldwin Avenue. Please display your name placard on your dashboard. TK, K & 1st grade parents, please notify your teachers of how you will pick up your child daily.
Students are to wear their P.E. uniform on their designated day unless it is a mass day.
Please refer to the St. Rita School Uniform Quick Reference Guide, included in your orientation folder. In addition, for more detailed information about St. Rita’s uniform guidelines, please refer to the Uniform Dress Code in the Parent Handbook and on the school website.
Uniforms are to be purchased from:
CKW School Uniforms
9400 Las Tunas, Temple City
St. Rita contracts with FACTS, a tuition management service widely used by private and faith-based schools. Tuition is collected by electronic debit or charged to a credit card on the 5th or the 20th of the month. Tuition is divided over a10 month period: August-May (traditional payment plan). Student fees are charged in July.
All families must register with FACTS Tuition Management no later than May 30. 2021
The only exceptions are pay-in-full accounts, which may be paid directly to the school office by August 1, 2021.
• Academic Decathlon
• Altar Servers
• Championship CYO Athletic program
• Basketball, Bowling, Football, Girls Softball, Golf, Track & Field, Cross Country, Volleyball
• Scouts: Cub Scout / Boy Scout /Daisies / Brownies / Junior Girl Scout
• Speech & Debate Team
• Student Council grades 4-8
Beginning in the third grade, students may participate in the cross country/track program. Beginning in fifth grade, students may participate in basketball, football, and volleyball. 6-8th grade girls may join the softball team.
Each family is required to participate in the Scrip Program during the school year. Please see the Scrip handout included in your orientation folder for more details. Watch for special incentives and consider using the Benefit App.
Parent Participation and Volunteering
• All St. Rita families are required to fulfill 35 Parent Participation Hours each school year, and may be fulfilled by serving on the PTO Board, Chairing event booths, Volunteering, Sponsorships, Item Donations, etc.
• Please see the Parent Participation Hours handout included in your orientation folder and the Parent Handbook for more information.
• All parent volunteers must report to the office before entering a classroom or a volunteer location and wear a visitor’s badge while volunteering on campus.
Virtus Safety Program for Children
VIRTUS is a best practices program designed to help prevent wrongdoing and promote “right doing” within religious organizations. The VIRTUS programs empower organizations and people to better control risk and improve the lives of all those who interact with the Church. For more information, please visit Virtus Online. All parent volunteers are required to attend one Virtus training and complete fingerprinting before any interaction with students.